Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My NaNoWriMo Experience: Week 1!

So I know this post is slightly late, but as week two of NaNoWriMo kicks off, I thought I'd give you a little insight on how its been so far for me.

You know when you start writing a book and all of a sudden want to stop because a) you don't like the idea b) you have a better idea, or c) you're a lazy bum?

Midway through week one I was experiencing that. By the way, my answer was d) all of the above.


I decided that I needed encouragement, and fast. No, I did not participate in the forums (because thats writing and why would I be writing about needing help with my book instead of actually writing my book? Facts) I decided to crawl through my NaNoWriMo inbox and read all those pep talks from authors I'd been ignoring. And you know what? They helped.

Another thing that helps was Tumblr. I searched NaNoWriMo and found what other writers were saying. You know some people have already finished? Someone wrote 50,000 words in 10 days!

This encouragement has got me on a 2,000+ word a day kick. I'm scheduled to finish by the 25th, and if you check my NaNoWriMo word count on the right, you can see I am more than halfway done!

Now who said I couldn't do it?


Today's Word Count: 2,104

Quote from today's writing:


“Come on,” he says, smiling. “Live a little.” 

“I think I lived enough for today, thank you. I might’ve even died a few times.” 

Colin puts a hand over his chest. “Rain. I solemnly swear that these will be the best burgers that you will ever have.” 

He looks into my eyes, his expression softening when my eyes meet his. I shove him playfully. 

“Well, come on. Let’s get moving.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rating