Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How to participate in National Novel Writing Month!

For those of you who read, you should know that November is National Novel Writing Month! There are so many fun ways to make the most of November, and I'm going to give you some cool ways to participate, in addition to the website NaNoWriMo.com.



If you want to participate in writing:
  1. The easiest way is NaNoWriMo.com, where users are challenged to write 50,000 words in one month. (Users under 18 can set their own word count, if they want.) Before you say "No way!", keep in mind that this is a great time to teach yourself self discipline, a quality you can use on the daily basis, especially if you're a procrastinator like me. Plus, even if you don't reach your goal, you can connect with other people to give you encouragement.
  2. Set your own goal. Maybe you want to write 30,000 words, or a novella.
  3. This is kind of cheating a little bit, but dig out an old story, and make it your business to finish. Or you can try to journal write every day of November, or maybe write a full length poetry book. You can even try to draw a full poetry book.
How to write 50,000 words in November:

I found a cool schedule for NaNoWriMo that helps you divide the day in easy segments for writing. One thing that I've done is plan out/outline my book idea. This way I do not get bored or run out of ideas, and know exactly where the story is going. Keep in mind that you can skip to the parts you are anticipating, and fill in the rest later. I highly suggest you open up a Twitter or social networking account so that you can chat with others about NaNoWriMo. Tweet me (@bloggerESP) and we can talk! Plus, make sure you stay tuned on this blog for weekly updates.

Other Ways to Participate:
To me, just reading a novel in November is enough. So you can...
  1. Become a beta reader for us participating in NaNoWriMo. You can give people opinions on their books, trust me, it's a big help! Use Goodreads forums to connect with us authors.
  2. Try to read as many books as possible in November.
  3. Get as many authors as possible to talk with you on Twitter. Idk. I'm out of ideas.

So if you want to participate in NaNoWriMo with me, go on the website now and check it out! Update your profile! 

Comment down below how you'll be participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rating