Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Top 10 Websites for Readers and Writers: FREE Books, Inspiration, and Forums!


Are you even a real writer or reader if you haven't used these websites??? Here is my list of the best websites out there for freaks like us:

Write to Done: For some reason I gave my email to this website a few years ago and ended up receiving frequent messages. Surprisingly, I actually enjoy them. Write to Done has great posts on writing, self-publishing, challenging yourself, and more. Plus, if you subscribe to their newsletter you can get all their helpful tips sent to your email. Probably the only subscription service I haven't blocked.

Goodreads: Oh sweet Goodreads. Goodreads is to readers what Facebook is to whiners. Its literally Facebook for writers. If you haven't heard of it (you're living under a tombstone coughcough), check it out! You can add friends, post reviews, enter contests and groups, connect with other readers and be up to date on all the new books. Its also a great place to promote your own writing and meet book friends with similar interests.

Google Docs/Drive: I never really understood how to use Dropbox so instead I use Google Drive. Upload any file you want for free and access it anywhere using your gmail account and wifi. Drive comes hand in hand with Docs, which is basically Microsoft Word, only its easier to share with others. You can even collaborate on a project. By the way, if you have a Google/Gmail account, you already have a Google Docs/Drive account. Can we just appreciate how good Google has been to us? I mean really.

Thrift Books: If there's one website my readers remember from today, it has to be this one. Thrift Books is friggin' awesome. You can order new, like new, and used books for so much less than retail price. Last week I ordered three books for around $12 (it was actually $11 and some change so I'll just round it up). They came fast and in great condition. Shipping is free for orders over $10. If you ever need to order a quick book for a road trip, maybe one for a gift, Thrift Books is the place. Should I do a full review on the website? *rubs chin*

Wattpad: A website where writers and readers can interbred, Wattpad is home of dirty fan fiction and trashy romance. I love Wattpad for a quick read, quick laugh, and something a little more risqué if you know what I mean. You can upload or read free books on Wattpad, and also connect with other readers. Wattpad also has an app compatible with Android and iPhone devices. You do not need wifi to read books in your library. May I add that its even more fun when you're following me? (I have 7 followers. Help a sister out.) Plus, I'm releasing a romance soon and you don't wanna miss that.

Descriptionari: Ever search up "how to describe ____" while writing? Descriptionari is the one stop shop for all things inspiration. Writers post their wonderful descriptive work to provide inspiration to others. There's all kinds of writing, and I could literally spend hours reading different ways to describe a forest. Forests!

Pacemaker.press: Pacemaker is great for poems, novels, essays, research papers, etc. Anytime you have a word count goal, you can set it on Pacemaker. It allows you to choose a start and end date and provides you with a plan to help you achieve your goals. You can view example plans to help you get started.

Nanowrimo: Y'all already know how I feel about Nanowrimo so I'm not even going to get started. Read some of my former posts about Nanowrimo here.

Tumblr: Tumblr has to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. You can read a poem, get inspiration, become a feminist. What's not to love?

I also love Lifehacks.org for a quick little pick me up during the day :)

What's your favorite website for reading or writing? Comment down below and stay tuned for the next edition of the Serial Reader!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Rating