Friday, July 26, 2013

8 out of 10 Stars: Kiss It Better by Linda Kage Review

Kiss it Better
Contemporary Romance
Amazon Link
My Rating: 8/10


A PAST TO PLAGUE HIM...

When Reed Walker's sister is raped, memories of his miserable childhood haunt Reed and interfere with his perfectly structured life. To add to the chaos, just when dating becomes the last thing on his mind, Sophia Eschell, the very woman he's been dreaming about for the past three years, barrels into his life.

AND A WOMAN TO HEAL HIM...

After hooking up with too many troubled men, Sophia is determined to find a normal, average guy sans baggage. She turns her attention to Reed, only to discover he has more issues than anyone. But if he can learn to open up to her, can she honestly reject him or will she...kiss it all better?

I've been on the hunt for a good romance. I don't know about you, but a lot of romances these days seem to be sex scenes with a god awful storyline thrown in somewhere to take up the extra pages. And these books actually sell! Contrary to popular belief, not everyone likes theses stories. By not everyone, I mean not me.

So every time I get the chance to read a romance, I cross my fingers that it's good...

Due to the title of the book, I  thought things in the "romance department" (teehee) would escalate quickly. They didn't, and I'm eternally grateful for that. Sometimes the greatest type of intimacy is the one send without words.

I really liked these characters. There's Sophia, who is a confident woman, but instead if her POV seeming conceited and self-righteous, the author manages to pull it off to where she has pride in herself as an individual while being modest at the same time. That probably didn't make sense to you at all, so I'm just going to say I know that it is hard to write a character such as Sophia, and Linda did it perfectly.

Now as far as Reed, I loved the emotion that he had. And it wasn't unrealistic, Bruno Mars emotion, where everything he says and thinks sounds like a quote from a Hallmark card. He still managed to have a physical attraction to Sophia without being overbearingly horny. There. I said it. 

The romance developed at a speed that wasn't fast, but not overbearingly slow. There comes a point where you connect to the characters so much, you just want to give them a little push. And at the same time you're wondering if Sophia is attracted to him because of his troubled past or if this time, she found something real. 

And I loved the dual romances and multiple POV. They held my attention span without losing focus from the main story. 

This book was sweet and romantic and sensual. All my hopeless romantics will love Kiss It Better. 


This book is Serial Reader approved!


Tasty Book Tours - Tasteful Book Promotions

1 comment:

Rating