Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: Omega Rising by Jessica Meats

If my public apology scared you into thinking I was dropping off the face of the world, well, you weren't that lucky. Today I'm going to review another novella!



Codename Omega: Omega Rising
Codename Omega: Omega Rising
Jessica Meats
Published May 1, 2013
My Rating: 7/10

Jenny Harding has no money, no qualifications and no career history. A job working security for a big tech firm seems too good to be true. Maybe it is. 

She is tasked with hunting down a group of thieves who have been stealing sensitive technology. Caught up in a battle involving alien forces, Jenny has some important questions to answer: 
Who are the thieves? 
What's their real purpose? 
And is she on the right side?


I'm going to borrow a little reviewing tactic I saw on Books With Bite. Mini books get mini reviews.

Plot: The plot definitely had some action. It kind of reminded me of Star Trek, just less confusing. One thing that all novellas need to have is they cannot feel short or cut-off, like the story should continue beyond the last page. Thankfully, Omega managed to tell a big story in a short frame. 

Characters: I wanted more from the main character. I wanted more emotion, more life, more dialogue. I liked some minor characters more than her because they had more "likable-ness" than she did. Only when the romantic interest came in did I start to see some of her persona. 

Romance: The romance wasn't as full blown as longer books but I did like what there was. Nothing intense, just elementary lust.

End: The ending left me with several questions, so I'm curious to know what will happen in the next book. There are some loose ends I hope will be tied in the sequel.


The verdict: I choose to keep Omega on my shelves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rating