Sunday, May 26, 2013

Review: Fatal (the Dead of Asher)

Fatal-the Dead of Asher by T.A. Brock
YA Fantasy Romance
Publisher: Self
Published: Feb. 14, 2013
My Rating: 9.8/10



Zombies eat brains: wrong.
  Zombies are mindless and unthinking: nope. 

  Zombies are rotting bags of flesh: not necessarily. 
 Zombies kill humans: never... well, there is that one exception. 
Grayson Patch hasn’t been human since he was seventeen years old… and that was nineteen years ago. When he rose from the dead that night, a Zombie, he had no memory of his former life, a craving for raw flesh, and only one purpose: to find a cure. He wishes only to be human again and he is promised that it is possible. But first he must find the human that can help him before he begins to decompose… and trade her life for his. As he learns more about her, he just doesn't know if he can do it. Can he? When the cost of being human again is to become a monster?
Cori Abbot isn’t scared of Grayson. Not when there are a million other things for her to worry about. Like being the new girl in a school that is a fraction the size of her old one. Or making new friends while battling her antisocial tendencies. And then there’s the big one: dealing with the recent and sudden death of her father. Yeah, there are bigger problems than the strange, withdrawn, and consistently angry guy who seems to hate her for no apparent reason. Imagine how surprised she is to realize that the ever hostile Grayson might actually be the one who understands her the best.



I'm in a bit of a dialemia. If I knew that Fatal was going to be such an incredible book, I would've saved it for the road trip I have coming up. Thanks to the author, I spent two sleepless nights switching from trying to sleep and reading Fatal under the covers. I have the bags under my eyes to prove it. All in good work though. 

Fatal kind of reminded me of the movie Warm Bodies, although I never have seen it. The awesome part about Fatal was that it was something different. I mean, raise your hand if your sick of this "zombies eat brains" crap? Unrealistic. Recipe for a crappy story. 

Fatal changed all that. The entire story is an original idea. The whole romantic aspect was not cliche at all. I, for one, am in love with Grayson. He can be a hard ass, but he is so sweet inside. I'm so tempted to give away some of the story so that I can show you how cute he is. If he was a real guy, well, watch out. I'd be on the prowl. 

Cori is also such a sweet girl, which makes her and Grayson a match made in heaven. The secrets and sorrow she hides makes my heart go out to her. Keep and mind that I've read this book about a week ago, and now, I'm tempted to reread the story. 

SO many things happened in the story that surprised me. There was a lot of zombie action in this book, which I think you guys will love. This book basically appeals to everyone because of all the elements in it.

I feel extremely honored to be apart of the making of this book, and for the author suiting me personally for this book to be reviewed. It's definitely my new favorite book. The ending was just...sigh. I'd kill for the sequel right now.  



I'm feeling disappointed in myself because I don't think I'm getting my across. So I'll say it bluntly: BUY THIS BOOK. I AM EXTREMELY TEMPTED TO GIVE IT A TEN OUT OF TEN. IT'S AWESOME. YOU WILL NOT REGRET READING IT. BUY IT NOW. 

Ah. That's better.


Links:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting the tour! I'm so glad you liked the book!

    ReplyDelete

Rating